Traditional Pasta all’Amatriciana: Signature Italian Pasta Recipe
This dish is not only an Italian classic but it’s also super simple and quick to make! Whip up this Amatriciana sauce after a long day of work and enjoy the delicious flavors of the guanciale mixed with the aromatic tomato sauce. Don’t forget to top it with a layer of creamy Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of silky olive oil for the final touch!
- 200 grams pasta (we prefer penne but Bucatini or spaghetti works too)
- 4 oz package of guanciale or pancetta (diced)
- 15 oz tomato sauce (canned or homemade)
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- red pepper flakes (a few shakes)
- salt and pepper
- First, start boiling the water for the pasta and heat up a medium sized pan on medium heat. When the pan is hot, drizzle in a little olive oil then add the guanciale/pancetta.
- Let the guanciale/pancetta fry in the oil for 5-6 minutes or until they are lightly browned and crispy.
- Now, slowly pour the tomato sauce in the pan. Tear up the basil into chunks and add it to the sauce along with a few shakes of red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Mix everything together and let the sauce simmer while the pasta continues cooking.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain it and add it to the saucepan. Once again, mix everything together well so the pasta is completely coated.
- Serve the Amatriciana with a drizzle of olive oil and either Parmesan or Pecorino cheese grated on top. Enjoy!