Fresh and Aromatic Caprese Salad – Quick & Satisfying!
Caprese Salad, or Insalata Caprese, became a popular dish in the Campania region during the 1950’s. It quickly spread throughout the rest of the country (and the world) due to its simple and fresh aromatic ingredients. Serve it as an appetizer, a mid-course salad, or whip it up for a quick yet satisfying snack!
- 3 ripened tomatoes
- 16 oz mozzarella
- 1 bunch fresh basil (about 20 leaves)
- extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
- salt and pepper
- Gently wipe down the basil leaves with a damp cloth.
- Wash the tomatoes then slice into ¼ inch thick pieces.
- Slice the mozzarella into ¼ inch thick pieces as well.
- Layer the ingredients on a plate, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle some salt and pepper on top and enjoy!